What does Qigong Exercises, Living in Balance, Finding Home in the Wilds, Sound Healing, the Art and Heart of Presence, and Partner Yoga have in common? They are all tiles of our Sunday Workshops to be offered this fall, beginning in September. A nice mix of something new and more from our favorite teachers. Check it all out on the Workshop page which begins with an invitation to learn Tai Chi this summer … for free!
We are so happy to announce a Yoga Circle Studio Blog called “Circling the Mat” written my a five year yoga student who goes only by her first name “Donna” — and who confesses that “she may have been your klutzy neighbor on the mat.”
Check it out – let’s get a conversation going.
When I turned 50 and my cranky body was calling to me to do something different — I started taking yoga classes. The mind-full body work, the steadiness of attention, and the wisdom I found was like coming home.
Then, at 60 I found so much value in the many benefits, so started teacher training to insure my commitment.
In 2003, I opened Yoga Circle Studio to spread the circle, and we have a happier, healthier community as a result. And certainly, I am a happier, healthier person. (ps: There is no anti-aging secret: it’s the yoga!)
Make yoga a part of your life, everyday.
I love yoga and Snohomish and glad to be of service, as your yogi, artist, mayor. (More flexible than most mayors.) Click on any image to enlarge and begin a slideshow.
Here’s what a regular practice of yoga can do for your body, mind and spirit:
· Improves flexibility especially in the joints so injuries are less likely.
· Improves cardiovascular health and a healthier blood flow throughout the body.
· Improves lung capacity and relaxation through deep breathing.
· Improves balance and encourages more body awareness.
· Helps strengthen core muscles and overall muscular-skeletal strength.
· Reduces stress through the calming and meditative qualities of yoga.
· Increases mental focus.
· Encourages living the virtues of truthfulness, kindness, moderation, and gratitude.
· Invites you to be present, to be aware, and to be happy.
Click to see the comments and add yours!